DaaS – Hardware returns process – Resellers
This is an ‘Advanced Replacement’ returns process for DaaS (Device-as-a-Service – rental).
All hardware returns must be authorised via Jola Support. Please raise a support case with Jola Support – firstname.lastname@example.org
- to try and troubleshoot the issue remotely. Support will then authorise a replacement and return.
Once authorised, a replacement device will be sent to the required address. If authorised before 13:00pm the replacement will be dispatched same day for next working day delivery.
NB - In the event the device being replaced is a router, please remove the SIM card from the existing device and insert in the new device.
The returning unit must include all original items and a printout of the support case inserted into the box – where this is not possible, please place a note inside the box with the support case reference. Do not write or apply stickers on the outer box or the device itself– this may affect the condition of the unit as outlined below.
A returns bag will be included with the replacement for the return shipping.
Jola offer a number of options to return the device - these include:-
• Postage label to drop off at nearest Post Office (printer required)
• Postage label with parcel collection using ‘Bring my label’ (no printer required, a date and timeframe for Parcel collection will be provided, failure to allow collection may result in charges)
• Reseller ship back (postage credited to reseller account)
If these postage options are not suitable, please contact Jola Support to discuss alternatives.
NB - A date and timeframe for Parcel collection will be provided, failure to allow collection may result in charges.
Once the original device is received by Jola it will be reviewed and tested. If the item has significant damage (as defined below) the Partner will be invoiced the amount specified below (note, fair ‘wear and tear’ usage will be taken into account):-
• Minor damage (e.g. insignificant scratches) and not fully functional: no charge
• Minor damage (e.g. insignificant scratches) but in a fully functional condition so that it can be used as a DaaS replacement device: no charge.
• Significant damage (e.g. dents / large scratches) meaning the unit cannot be used as a DaaS replacement device but in a fully functional condition: invoice raised for 50% of the full purchase price of a replacement device (the price for the device on the Jola price list).
• Significant damage and not in a fully functional condition: invoice raised for 100% of the full purchase price of a replacement device (the price for the device on the Jola price list).
It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the packaging used for returns protects the item from any damage during transit.
If accessories are missing, then these will be invoiced at the prices quoted on the Jola price list.
Jola reserve the right to supply a fully-functional, refurbished device when providing an Advanced Replacement
As above, the customer is advised to retain the SIM card. The SIM can be usually found under a void warranty sticker, removing this sticker does not void the warranty of the device.
Where this is not possible, a SIM Swap or Cease Request must be submitted via Mobile Manager. Management of the SIM is the resellers responsibility.