Guide to the ‘MANAGE TENANTS’ sub-section within ‘TEAMS’ on SIP Manager
The ‘Manage Tenants’ section is designed to allow you to view and manage your live tenants:
- Manage the ‘Direct Routing’ Calling Plans and Users that are live on your tenant
- Associate new users to the resources purchased and order new ones.
In order to make any changes within your live tenants you have to:
- Log into SIP Manager.
- On the menu on the left under the ‘Teams’ section click on ‘Manage Tenants’.
- The list of all your live tenants will be available. Select the customer you want to introduce the changes for by clicking the green ‘Details’ button.
The ‘Tenant users’ tab allows you to view the list of all the users and phone numbers that have been assigned to specific Calling Plans.
This section also allows you to add and remove users (e.g. those that have been associated with temporary new numbers during configuration and replace them with ported numbers).
In order to remove users click the red button ‘-‘ on the right.
In order to add new users and associate them to Calling Plans, fill out the row with empty fields at the bottom. The ‘Username’ is the e-mail address from your Microsoft 365 account.
- Add the Username.
- Choose the phone number from the dropdown list that you want to assign to this Calling Plan/Resource.
- Select the appropriate Calling Plan/Resource for this user.
- Click on the green ‘+’ button.
If you have assigned all of the numbers that you have previously purchased / ported, you are able to acquire more via the ‘NUMBERS’ > ‘+PURCHASE’ section on the menu on the left.
Synchronising the changes
As you add/remove users you will see the synch status is an amber ‘!’ warning label which means that the changes have not yet been synchronised.
PowerShell needs to synchronise the changes in order for them to be effective. You can do that in two ways.
- If you have the Admin details for the Microsoft 365 portal for the tenant, you can click on the ‘Log in to Microsoft’ button at the top right. When you are logged in you will then see the option in SIP Manager to ‘Synch’.
- If the user is unable to access the Admin details of the 365 tenant, changes may also be synchronised using the ‘Manual Sync’ button at the top right. This button should be clicked after the manual Powershell commands have been executed. The guide to Powershell is here:
Synchronising may take a couple of minutes to complete after which the Amber ‘!’ warning symbols will change to green ticks.
Viewing/Managing Calling Plans
The ‘Calling plans’ tab allows you to see how many calling plans and resources are being used, as well as the remaining number of calling plans left to be assigned to the users.
It is also possible to add and remove available calling plans in the ‘Manage available calling plans’ section below. To do so, select an appropriate calling plan, add an amount of licences needed, and then click on the ‘+’ button.
When selecting a calling plan, a short description of the product will be displayed to help you decide whether it is the calling plan you need.
The changes will update within ‘Existing calling plan details’, which will then allow you to associate purchased Calling Plans with users in the ‘Tenant User’ tab.
In the ‘Call logs’ tab you can view all the details of the recorded calls. It provides the information about time of a call, from who and to whom a call was made, as well as whether it was an inbound or outbound call.
If you need records of all the Users and Calling plans it is possible to export those by clicking ‘Export Data’ at the top right within ‘Tenant User’ or ‘Calling plans’ tab.
The ‘Tenant User’ data will give you a .CSV file with details about all the users, their phone numbers and calling plans associated, as well as information about the status of synchronisation.
The ‘Calling plans’ export data shows how many users (Calling plans) and resources (Auto-Attendants and Call Queues) have been purchased.
If you want to get the above information on all of your tenants, you can do it by clicking ‘Admin’/’Orders’/’Export Teams Tenant User Data’ or ‘Export Teams Tenant Calling Plan Data’.