The DrayTek Vigor 2860/2862 series router is an Openreach MCT compliant VDSL2 / ADSL2+ router.
This setup guide demonstrates how to configure a DrayTek Vigor router's WAN1 (VDSL2) interface to connect to a JOLA Fiber Broadband VDSL2 line, connecting directly to the Openreach faceplate or DSL Microfilter.
Step 1: Connect DSL cable and access router configuration
Connect the DSL port of the DrayTek Vigor router to the JOLA Openreach faceplate or DSL Microfilter using the supplied RJ-11 to RJ-11 cable.
Access the DrayTek Vigor router's web interface. The router's default IP address is 192.168.1.1
We recommend connecting with Https:// where possible – Https://192.168.1.1
The router will prompt for a username and password to access the web configuration interface. By default, the username and password are both "admin". We recommend changing the router's password as soon as possible.
Step 2: Configure 802.1Q VLAN tag
In the router's web configuration interface, go to [WAN] > [General Setup] and click the link for WAN1:
On the WAN1 General Setup page, the settings should match the configuration displayed below.
- The router's DSL Mode can be left on the Auto setting, which will detect automatically whether the router's DSL port is connected to an ADSL or VDSL2 connection.
- Set the Service - VLAN Tag Insertion (VDSL2) to Enable
- Set the Service - Tag value (VDSL2) to 101
If these settings already match, move on to the next step without clicking OK.
If the router's configuration did not already have VLAN tag 101 configured for the VDSL2 interface, click OK to save the changes, which will prompt to restart the router to apply the change.
Step 3: Configure WAN1 interface
Go to [WAN] > [Internet Access]:
- Set the Access Mode of WAN1 to PPPoE / PPPoA
- Click the Details Page button for WAN1 to continue:
On the PPPoE / PPPoA settings page:
- The PPPoE / PPPoA interface should be set to Enable
- The Modem Settings (for ADSL only) can be ignored; the VDSL2 interface will use PPPoE Protocol with the correct modulation automatically
- If the ISP has supplied a static IP address, this can be specified in the Fixed IP Address field. The Fixed IP option must be set to Yes if this is specified
- ISP Access Setup: Ensure you are configuring the Jola provided PPP information
Click OK to save and apply the changes, which will prompt to restart the router:
Click OK to continue and the router will reboot:
Step 4: Check Connectivity
Once the router has restarted, access the web interface and go to [Online Status] > [Physical Connection]
This displays the current status of the WAN interfaces on the router. The state of the VDSL2 interface is displayed in the VDSL2 Information section; it can take up to a minute for this to go to the SHOWTIME State after a restart or when the router is power cycled.
Once the VDSL2 interface has synced with the ISP, the WAN1 interface will attempt to connect. If the WAN1 Status text is displayed in red, the connection is not yet active. When the text is displayed in green and the Up Time begins counting, the Internet connection is active and can be used by connected computers and devices